Animal Care and Enrichment Technician
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Feed, walk, exercise, and bathe animals as needed in our care.
- Administer medications as indicated by owners and veterinarian.
- Bring animals to and from the kennel during check-in and check-out times.
- Clean up after animals both inside the facility and outside, and clean animal runs and cages as needed.
- Maintain the clinic as a whole by performing tasks including, but not limited to, sweeping/mopping floors, wiping counters, taking out trash, cleaning bathrooms, and checking equipment and supplies.
- Assist other staff members on occasion with such tasks as helping restrain an animal, helping
clients with their pets, etc.
- Be available on weekends and holidays to tend to boarding animals.
Skills and Abilities
- Effectively communicate in the English language both in writing and orally.
- Accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Regularly stand for extended periods.
- Frequently walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch, and lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain confidence around pets.
Experience, Education, and/or Training
- Some high school education